[vox-tech] What's the real deal with network cards

  • Subject: [vox-tech] What's the real deal with network cards
  • From: "Jay Strauss" <jjMAPSstrauss@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:34:07 -0800

I was just at Microcenter picking up network cards.  Cards with the rtl8139
chip ranged from
$9.75 (the ones I bought) to about $35.  Is there any difference?  Then
there where cards (linksys)
that used the tulip driver that ran from 25 - 45.  Then there are other
cards 3com, Intel, etc.. I don't know what chip and/or driver they use.

Is there noticeable difference between the chips/drivers, in speed,
compatibility, dependability?

Jay Strauss
Database Architect
jjstrauss@yahoo.com