Re: [vox-tech] help -- gcc hell

from gcc's manpage:

       -nostdinc
              Do not search the standard system  directories  for
              header files.  Only the directories you have speci<AD>
              fied with `-I' options (and the current  directory,
              if appropriate) are searched.

              By  using both `-nostdinc' and `-I-', you can limit
              the include-file search file to only those directo<AD>
              ries you specify explicitly.

       -nostdinc++
              Do  not search for header files in the C++-specific
              standard directories, but do still search the other
              standard  directories.   (This  option is used when
              building `libg++'.)

So you could probably do:
-nostdinc -nostdinc++ -I$HEADER_DIR

FL