January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

Pete mentioned:
> bob, have you tried abiword?
>
> i've seen it once, and it looked very impressive!   maybe it handles cut and
> paste nicer?   it seems to have a much more intuitive interface than
> soffice.

The best things about AbiWord are (1) it's pretty light and (2) it's
fully Open Source.  (When I was at LinuxWorldExpo in 1999, they were
passing out flyers which had been copied onto a printout of sourcecode,
so you actually walked away with a page of AbiWord source :) )

Of course, last I saw, it wasn't _too_ mature (ie, unstable and not
feature-complete), but by now it's probably much better.