Re: [vox-tech] Mcopy

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Mcopy
  • From: "Edwin P. Groot" <epgrMAPSoot@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:46:41 -0800

At 11:25 2/23/01 -0800, you wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
>
>> When I use mcopy to copy a file from my hard drive to a floppy, and
>> there is already a file with the same name on the floppy, I'm given
>> these two options:
>>
>> o)verite
>>
>> O)verite-all
>>
>> What isthe difference between these two?
>
>If it is consistent with M$DOS, then the distinction has to do with
>wildcarded copies.  The second option wouldn't keep bugging you.

   I think what you mean to say is if more than one file is being copied in
the mcopy command,  o)verwrite  will allow the current file in question to
be overwritten, and  O)verite-all  will allow all of the files being copied
(with the same name as on the floppy) to be overwritten.

>Jeff Newmiller                        The     .....       .....  Go Live...

     Edwin Groot
     Rost Lab PostDoc
     2137 LSA, U.C. Davis
     (530)752-9505