Re: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

Re: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

> In case people haven't tried it, I was kinda shocked when I first
> discovered I could drag urls between netscape windows.  Great for prefetching
> additoinal pages to read while your reading the current page.

I usually middle-click (button-2) the link, which causes Netscape to open
the link in a new window.  Then I can minimize it (either with the mouse
or using the [-] (Minus) key on my numpad - I set that up in Sawfish) or
shove it to a different part of my virtual desktop (by dragging it, or
"throwing" it by pressing CTRL+ALT+Arrow - another function I set up in
Sawfish :) )

> You can also drag url's to the desktop, they form a icon, which when
> clicked brings up the original URL in netscape.

Yep.  I do that accidentally a lot. :)

> This of course requires the gnome environment, and gnome-term, it's
> been standard in redhat since 6.0 ish, I'm sure debian and similar
> environments have similar.

I'm set up with Helix-^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Ximiam-Gnome here at work (Debian)
and at home (RedHat).