Re: [vox-tech] My fonts suck

jay, when i first installed linux, i was very disheartened by the fonts as
well.  everytime i looked at netscape, it made my stomach churn.

yes, you can definitely do something about it.  for a slightly outdated
answer:

        http://www.dirac.org/p/linux/qa/qa-web.html

but here's the answer in a nutshell.

1. install a truetype font server.  you had a couple of options last year,
   but xfstt seems to have pulled ahead of the others.

2. install X 4.0 which has native true type font service.

3. steal (yes, steal.  they're almost all copyrighted) true type fonts.  you
   can pull them directly from your windows partition.  (i wonder if that's
   considered a copyright violation?)

pete