[vox-tech] My fonts suck

  • Subject: [vox-tech] My fonts suck
  • From: Jay Strauss <jjstraMAPSuss@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:49:12 -0800

My fonts look terrible on linux.  I'm really trying to move from windows
to linux but, the fonts
look so bad (and netscape is about a 1000 times worse than the
IE/Outlook combo).

I have a IBM a21m laptop, 15 in screen, 1024x768 res.  I've loaded all
the fonts from my
RH6.2 CD.  But if you could see what I'm looking at, you'd be shocked.
Now I know its not
a problem with the screen, because when I run vmware and win2k inside of
that, it looks
great.

My question is:  Am I even using the fonts I installed?  Do I need to do
some setup/configuration
to enable the fonts.

It seems particularly bad in netscape products (surprise surprise), but
it is also bad in the abiword app
and other X apps (gnumeric).  Now I know that I can change fonts in
netscape, even after trying them
all non are really satisfactory.

Any ideas, help

Jay