Re: [vox-tech] PHP fun!

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] PHP fun!
  • From: Jay Strauss <jjstrausMAPSs@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:39:53 -0800

I don't remember C very well, but I thought PERL looks a lot like C

I think in order to use Mason you need Mod_perl, Anyone???

The only reason I asked the question, is when I first started using PHP,
I was like "this is
nice but, it seems like a bad copy of perl (from a language perspective
(form, syntax, functionality)),
thats when I went looking for a perl alternative.  Found mod_perl, and
just started writing perl (and printing
out my html, as opposed to writing html and embedding my perl).  But I
think mason, embperl, asp all let
you do it as HTML with embedded perl (but they make use of the perl
module for apache (mod_perl)), and
give you faster execution and better language capabilities (although I
think there is a mod_php which
I suspect is faster than regular php)

Jay