RE: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

  • Subject: RE: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape
  • From: "Deja User" <unix_admin@my-deja.cMAPSom>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:51:41 -0800

Pete, from what I've seen, Konqueror is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I
haven't dug into it deeply enough to make a definitive case for it. I strongly
encourage you to try it! It is what Netscape should have been 18-24 months ago.
Looking forward to final Mozilla, however. Also, there is a browser around that is
smaller, but based on the Mozilla gecko engine (not Opera). Also another based on
Konqueror, but smaller. Maybe worth a look see. UA

>Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:08:19 -0800
>To: vox-tech@franz.mother.com
>Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape
>From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>
>
>On Wed 21 Feb 01, 10:10 AM, Robert G. Scofield said:
>> I've been working on a couple of projects where I paste textual material
>> from Netscape into a word processor.  I've made a disturbing discovery.
>> This works better on Windows than Linux.
>
>try netscape 6.  there's a lot of things i don't like about it, but they did
>correct some really bad behavior of the previous netscapes.
>
>if that doesn't help, don't bother with mozilla.   try opera.  from what
>little i've seen, opera blows away any graphical browser i've seen (i've
>never heard of konquerer, but henry loves it.  try that.)
>
>if none of that helps, i'll bet you that lynx or links will work just fine
>from an xterm.
>
>> For me, this is actually a big problem because given the work I expect
>> to be doing it will make the difference whether my next system will be a
>> pure Linux system or a dual boot.
>>
>> Can anybody explain why Linux does not work as well as Windows in this
>> case?  Is there something I can do to fix this problem?
>
>the problem isn't with linux, it's with netscape.   a much different
>paradigm than explorer, where if you have a problem with explorer, you have
>a problem with windows.
>
>pete
>
>--
>"...and here is fortress ovum being stormed by               p@dirac.org