Re: [vox-tech] My nagging FTP ache

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] My nagging FTP ache
  • From: "Jay Strauss" <jjstrauMAPSss@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:38:01 -0800

Just to follow up, I guess it is a reverse DNS lookup problem.  But it seems
to stem more from my mis(non)understanding of what RH6.2 is asking me in
linuxconf.

Hostname = the short name of the computer
host + primary domain = <just that>
alias = short name <again>

As opposed to entering hostname+domain in the hostname field.

Also, though I'm not positive, it seems as though my entries in my /etc/hosts
file have to be:

IP    host+domain    host

Jay Strauss
jjstrauss@yahoo.com