Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:08:19AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > Can anybody explain why Linux does not work as well as Windows in this
> > case?  Is there something I can do to fix this problem?
>
> the problem isn't with linux, it's with netscape.   a much different
> paradigm than explorer, where if you have a problem with explorer, you have
> a problem with windows.

I think (guessing really) that the problem is with X11. It's cut-n-paste
features could really stand to be improved. This is an area where,
unfortunately, Windows has an advantage over X11.

It would be nice if X11 had multiple clipboards and was able to handle
different types of clipboard data. I 'think' the X11 clipboard is
strictly text whereas the M$ clipboard can differentiate and handle
different data (ie. In M$ Office you can paste as text, as formatted
word text, etc).

In the original post, if X11 had these features he could paste the info
as html into a document (say html table data), or just paste as text or
formatted text or whatever.