RE: [vox-tech] RHL 7 and kernel 2.4.0 woes

  • Subject: RE: [vox-tech] RHL 7 and kernel 2.4.0 woes
  • From: "Deja User" <unix_admin@my-deja.cMAPSom>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:19:05 -0800

There may be an easy answer awaiting Jan, but it goes to show... it ain't necessarily
as easy as it looks, folks. ("These hackers are trained professionals ladies and
gentlemen! Please try this at home!")
I've read the GPL2 a few times these last weeks (essentially "no warranty
whatsoever"). So the community is covered... but please, someone call a doctor or an
ambulance or something for Jan! Where is our hero with the white hat when the damsel
in distress is lying across the railroad tracks with the train fast approaching?

>From: Jan Wynholds <jcwynholds@yahoo.com>

>This is a story of my frustration.
>
>I tried to compile the kernel 2.4.0 that lugod passed
>out a while back.  I have been eagerly awaiting the
>chance to do so.  So last night, I pulled up my
>sleeves, and tried to get the darn thing running.  No
>dice.  Here is what happened

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/