RE: [vox-tech] VPN type stuff

Convince you buddies to switch to *nix, and re-submit your proposal. Dare I say (even
if somewhat tongue-in-cheek) "Have you no shame?" Anyway, the number for Microsoft
Technical Support is posted on their website, if you really need an answer to you
question. Hey! Do "Microsoft Technical Support" and "if you really need an answer to
your question" comprise two oxymorons in a row, or one oxymoron followed by a non
sequitur, or... (a Steve Martin comedy routine, or...) Talk amongst yourselves.
Actually, it would be an oxymoron (MS Tech Support) and also a non sequiter ('MS Tech
Support...if you really need an answer to your question'). I guess I should have said
Mike Meyers... [insert fave Austin Powers quote here]. SMASHING!

>Here's another question:  Anyone know the feasibility/process for taking two
>LAN's, both MSAQ'ed behind linux boxes, and connecting them over a VPN?
>Here's the deal:  next year my apartment has ethernet access (hooray!! no
>more UCD dial-up!). My two roommates and I all have windows boxes (and I
>have a linux box) that I'm going to MSAQ behind an LRP box on our LAN.  A
>friend of mine has the same set-up at a different complex.  The end result
>we'd like to have is to open Network Neighborhood in Windows and see eight
>computers rather than four, or perhaps two workgroups with four computers
>each.  Anyone know how this one might work?
>
>Patrick
>
>P.S. I looked up FreeS/WAN but the links for most of the recent
>documentation are broken :-(

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/