Re: [vox-tech] athlon questions

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 08:23:38PM -0800, Foo Lim wrote:
> I think those are the old ones that used the Slot A interface if I'm not
> mistaken.  I have one of those in my K7V mobo.  I was lead to believe
> starting with the Socket A chips, all on-chip cache was running at core
> speed.

Yes, all socket a motherboards/chips have onchip cache.

> I'd rather stick with PC133 SDRAM at the moment.  I think there's a glut
> in the marketplace right now that makes it the best value/performance.

Thats my point, with the right motherboard PC133 gives you most of
the advantage of DDR, while allowing you to buy dirt cheap ram.

> > Turns out though that the new kt133a motherboards that handle /200 and
> > /266 cpu's show most of the performance increase even with PC133 memory.
>
> I like sticking with ASUS.  I heard they were coming out with a mobo
> called A7V133 that supports the 266MHz FSB, but I can't find any reference

Well, it's actually 133 Mhz DDR.  Asus usually isn't the first to market
for a given configuration, but usually has one of, if not the best board
once released.  Most if not all the athlons around the math dept
are asus (afaik).

--
bill