Re: [vox-tech] Monitor

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Monitor
  • From: Harry Souders <gnulinux@rosecMAPSomputing.com>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:36:58 -0800

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 01:05:49PM -0800, Nicole Carlson wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I got a monitor for Christmas.  Imagine my delight!  I've installed it,
> runs great, etc.  But a cloud intrudes upon my paradise.  It
> buzzes--somewhat like a very faint electric razor--and sometimes emits a
> high-pitched whistle.  Since monitor whistling was my primary reason for

I have a cheap generic monitor that does that when set at a refresh rate
of 70hz, the picture looks a bit odd at 75/77hz. It is supposed to work
up to 85hz, but does not. As a result I lowered the refresh to 60hz and
the buzz is gone. The display is better as this setting although the low
refresh rate gives me headaches.  I sits in a corner of my office as a
reminder for me to never buy another cheap monitor.