Re: [vox-tech] mount question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] mount question
  • From: Jan Wynholds <jcwynholds@yahooMAPS.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:55:27 -0800

> every so often, i have trouble mounting a floppy.
> it defies me:
>
> # grep floppy /etc/fstab
> /dev/fd0        /floppy       auto
> defaults,user,noauto,exec    0      0
> # mount /floppy
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type
> # mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /floppy/
> #
>
> so i show that the fs type of fd0 is "auto",  but
> yet i need to specify the
> fs type to mount the floppy.
>
> this seems to happen every so often for vfat disks,
> and i can't detect
> patterns in when it seems to work and when it
> doesn't.
>
> any clues?  even if someone says "yeah, that happens
> to me too", i'd feel
> better about it.  :-)
>
> peter

Hey Pete:

Yea, that happens to me as well.  It seems to happen
for the 'auto' detect of fs's.  I tried the auto for
my cdrom, but whenever I would mount a hsfs, or a
rrfs, I would get some weird tweekiness.  So, I just
specify the fs.  Not that I know how to fix it, I am
just kinda saying, yea, that happens to me too.

-J