January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Telnet

On Wed 24 Jan 01,  6:27 PM, Rusty Minden said:
> Then it is time for me to learn SSH. I have not yet learned how to use it.
> This is what I love about LUGOD you get to learn without the shame of having
> to admit that you don't know it all.
>
> What is the best place to start learning SSH I will try linuxdoc.org first.

make a secure connection to 123.234.345.546 with a remote username of whatever
your current username is.

        ssh 123.234.345.456

make a secure connection to deltaco.com with remote username of stimpy.

        ssh -l stimpy deltaco.com

if you see something about a protocol not being supported, try ssh1 with the
same args instead of ssh.

that's pretty much all there is to it.  couple of other things, like what
happens when the remote site changes computers or OS, but you'll cross that
bridge when you reach it.

pete

--
17 Jan: ABC quotes Bush as saying he's considering a challenge of Roe v Wade.
22 Jan: President Bush's first act is to stop funding to organizations which