Re: [vox-tech] i need advice on meices

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] i need advice on meices
  • From: Mark Kim <mkkim@uMAPScdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:59:13 -0800

Since I'm skeptical about USBs, I have a Logitec Marble trackball.  I like
trackballs.  Trackballs save desk space.  Trackballs are less straining on
the arm!  The only complaint would be that the mouse is slow in single
speed mode, kind of like the Macintosh mouse in single speed mode (I guess
that's one mickey per pixel), but you can set the acceleration speed under
X so it's not a big deal.

-Mark

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hello all,
>
> i'm tired of moving my mouse and not seeing the pointer move.  i'm also
> tired of cleaning my mouse.  i'm thinking of getting one of those USB laser
> mice.
>
> i know nothing about these things, so i'm looking for advice.
>
> is there anyone here who's using one of these?
>  how easy was it to configure under linux?
>  do they ever "skip" the way mechanical mice do?
>  what kind do you have and how much did it cost?
>  how do you like it in general?  suitable for quaking?
>
> looking for personal experience here...
>
> thanks!
> pete

---