Re: [vox-tech] Disk Space Mystery

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Disk Space Mystery
  • From: William Kendrick <nbs@sonicMAPS.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:24:44 -0800

Bob said:
> I am running RedHat 6.1 as a workstation.  I have eliminated all of the
> following as possible causes:  the files in /var/log, Netscape cache,

How did you empty your Netscape cache?  Many, many versions of Netscape
do not delete all of the files.  (For example, my cache was set to be
5MB.  When I looked at it one day, there were 15MB of files in it.
I did a "Clear Disk Cache" and it only dropped down to 10MB.)

Doing this should help:

  rm -r ~/.netscape/cache/??/*

It seems the version I'm running at home now (4.76 I think?) doesn't
have this problem... At least, not regularly like older versions did.