Re: [vox-tech] new member needs help

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] new member needs help
  • From: "UC Davis" <snMAPSmerritt@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:08:50 -0800

Mandrake 7.2's expert-mode install will sometimes change the type of your FAT32
partitions from (hex) b, c, or e, to 1b, 1c, or 1e, respectively. Since these
types correspond to hidden FAT32 partitions, Windows won't be able to see them.
Linux doesn't check the partition type before mounting, so that's why it can
still see everything without problems.

I don't know why it does this.

To fix it, just use Linux fdisk to set the type of your FAT32 partitions back
to their previous values.