Re: [vox-tech] with debian installed hot to get woody

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 04:25:09PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> rusty, on my system, i vied /etc/apt/sources.list and changed every
> occurance of "potato" to "woody".
>
> alternatively, you can change every occurance of "stable" to "unstable".
Don't do that. There are now two prelease Debian distros: 'unstable' aka
'Sid' which is total mayhem and 'testing' or 'Woody' which has packages from
Sid that have had a week or two of testing so that there is some assurance
that they are not badly broken.

> next,
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade     <-- you'll need to do this like 3 or 4 times.   you'll
>                         know when to stop because it'll say "no bytes
>                         downloaded"

apt-get dist-upgrade

--
Henry House