Re: [vox-tech] SMB mounting question

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, William Kendrick wrote:

> > I assume that //service_i_want looks like //computername/folder.
>
> Yes, except no folder (i'm aiming for the root right now, I guess).

All "folders" need to be specified to be shared by the server.  For
example, if you want "C:\", then you need to select the root directories
on the server, and give it a share name, usually "C".  Then, to read that
share, you type:

   mount -t smbfs //servername/C /mnt/smb

There is *always* a shared name, so you can't have just "//servername/".

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/