January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] compiling ripperX 2.0

It's hard to say where the problem exists.  Makefiles can be customized
in various ways according to the style of the programmer.

See if you can find a line that looks like:

   ripperX_plugin_tester.o: ripperX_plugin_tester.c
   <tab>gcc ripperX_plugin_tester.c -o ripperX_plugin_tester.o

and change it to:

   ripperX_plugin_tester.o: ripperX_plugin_tester.c
   <tab>gcc ripperX_plugin_tester.c -c -o ripperX_plugin_tester.o

but any of the above values can be made into a variable, so for all I
know, it can look like:

   $(OBJ): $(CFILES)
   <tab>$(CC) $(CFILES) -o $@

which doesn't exactly look like the previous lines.  So good luck!

-Mark

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Doug wrote:

> Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I just needed a hint on where to start looking.
> I'll have to (get to) learn gcc syntax and makefiles.
>
> Learning by necessity
> -Doug

> > The middle line above is missing the -c option, it looks like.
> > (Without the -c option, the program binary was created instead of
> > an object, which cannot be properly linked by the linker --
> > that's my theory).  Modify the Makefile to include -c.  If you
> > don't know how, post /usr/local/src/ripperX-2.0/plugins/Makefile (and also
> > perhaps /usr/local/src/ripperX-2.0/Makefile) and we'll fix it up and send
> > it back to you.
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > ---
> > Mark K. Kim