January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] gcc inconsistency question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] gcc inconsistency question
  • From: William Kendrick <nbsMAPS@sonic.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:39:26 -0800

>       /* Prototypes */
>       void PrintMatrixD(int rank, double **ar);
<snip>
>               PrintMatrixD(3, inverse);
<snip>
> GJFullPivotInvertD().  here is the error:
>
> example.c: In function `main':
> example.c:32: warning: passing arg 2 of `PrintMatrixD' from incompatible pointer type
>
> can anyone shed light on this seeming inconsistency?

I think the problem here is "ar" is a pointer to a pointer to a double,
rather than array of arrays of doubles.  Or something. :)

I think I get around it with something like:

  ...(int rank, double * ar[]);

or perhaps:

  ...(int rank, double * ar[3]);

'course, I suck at this particular aspect of C.