Re: [vox-tech] numerical packages in C?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] numerical packages in C?
  • From: Mark Kim <mkkim@ucdaviMAPSs.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 15:01:49 -0800

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> is there a C equivalent of LAPACK and BLAS (which i understand to be
> fortran)?

There was an article on Dr. Dobb's Journal (or was it C/C++ Users'
Journal?... pretty sure it was DDJ) about a couple years ago about a
numerical C library that outperformed FORTRAN.  The author of the article
(who also authored the library) was trying to show how modern C compilers
can outperform FORTRAN with a little tweak.  I don't exactly remember
which issue, but it must have been somewhere between late 1997 and early
1999.  I'm pretty sure the article covered multiple compilers,
including gcc.  Can someone with the DDJ CD do a search for "C and
FORTRAN"?

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim