Re: [vox-tech] mutt question

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 08:01:24PM -0800, Matt Roper wrote:
> I realize that explanation isn't very well written, so here's an example
> of a signature daemon (written in perl) that basically does what you want.
> I just hacked out this program in a few minutes, so there may be some
> minor bugs in it that need to be ironed out, but it should give you the
> general idea of what I'm talking about...

<snip>

I've been meaning to do something very similar to this, but was also
thinking of doing it for the login message, etc.  I was planning on
doing it exactly like this, but in C instead of Perl, and using the
strfile format (the one /usr/games/fortune uses).

Actually, if I really wanted to make it suitable for login messages,
etc., I'd have to either make *absolutely* sure that the deamon is
running (probably via inittab), or maybe make a custom kernel module
out of it.  It'd be a Bad Thing(tm) for getty to block on io so no one
could log in...

Micah