Re: [vox-tech] mutt question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] mutt question
  • From: Harry Souders <gnulinux@rosecomMAPSputing.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:23:57 -0800

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:29:28AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i assume this is a mutt question.
>
> is there a way of getting rotating .sigs?
>
> pete

Yes.
The sig below is part was randomly picked from a list. I did this so
long ago I don't remember all of the details. I think there is a how-to
on this at the mutt www page.

The way I did it was create a .muttsig file that contains:
fortune ~/data/mysigs

Also, in my .muttrc I added this line:
set signature=~/.muttsig|

As you can see I used the fortune program and created my own fortune
database of sigs (takes a bit of work, but not too hard). I am pretty
sure you can write a shell program or perl program that generates the
sig.

--
A computer without Windows is like a fish without a bicycle.