January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] fips question -- windows ME

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] fips question -- windows ME
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@diMAPSrac.org>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:50:50 -0800

doh, that was it.  thanks for setting me straight!

pete

On Mon 29 Jan 01,  6:58 PM, Foo Lim said:
> The complaint was that ME doesn't have an option at boot-up to go into a
> MS-DOS only environment needed for FIPS.  What you'll need to do is make a
> boot-up disk and run FIPS from there.  You can either do this by going
> into the "Control Panel" and finding the "Make Setup disk" (or something
> like that) or you might be able to go into a MS-DOS prompt and type:
> "sys a:" to make a bootable floppy w/o CDROM support (so put FIPS.exe on
> the floppy).
>
> FL
>
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > i'm going on a lert call on wednesday, and need confirmation on something.
> >
> > i heard at the last IF that fips doesn't work with windows ME.   can someone
> > please verify that?
> >
> > never heard it before, but it would suck if it turned out to be true while i
> > go on a lert call and didn't know about it advance.
> >
> > pete

17 Jan: ABC quotes Bush as saying he's considering a challenge of Roe v Wade.
22 Jan: President Bush's first act is to stop funding to organizations which
"promote" abortion.  He's also trying to reverse the decision on RU-486.
Keep in mind, he'll probably get to pick 4 supreme court justices.
23 Jan: Bush opens 1.5 mill acres of Alaskan wildlife refuge for oil drilling.