Re: [vox-tech] ftp server problem

Leo Rainer wrote:

> Sounds like your ~ftp/bin/ls is not set up correctly. Take a look at the
> wu-ftp guest HOWTO (http://www.wu-ftpd.org/HOWTO/guest.HOWTO). To quote
> from the HOWTO:
>
>    This is the single most FAQ on the wu-ftpd list.  Repeating: if you
>    cannot see the contents of the directory, your installed 'ls' is not
>    working.  The proper installation procedures for 'ls' vary by operating
>    system.  There are some OS specific notes at the bottom of this howto
>    that may be of help.
>
>         ...leo

Thanks Leo. Now having RTFM:

Great, but this doesn't explain why I can ls the directory with one
client and not another. My workstation's ls is "ls" and not aliased to
"ls -l", yet it functions (note: the ftp server is running on a
different machine, a VA Linux tweaked RedHat6.2). Again, I have to use
"ls -l" from a SunOS account and the "Interarchy" doesn't see it (an non
configurable listing call hiding behind a GUI). The problem/solution
just ain't that simple. Dumping my distro for debian isn't an option
(but thanks Pete).

--
Eric Engelhard