Re: [vox-tech] Red Hat Soundblaster Setup

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Rusty Minden wrote:

> Even after running updatedb I could not use find to locate sndconfig I tried
> several time I could only find it using locate.

`updatedb` is used by `locate`.  `find` does not require `updatedb`.

> I am also very upset with LibraNet they have still not released their source
> code for 1.8.2 nor is it available for download. This is in violation of GPL
> and so I have turned my back on them until they get their act together.

If you e-mail them, they'll probably respond.  If they don't, you can
e-mail FSF or the kernel group, at which point they can take an
appropriate action.

> how many times I log into the acount. I have done so with 4 telnet sessions
> at once. I do check for last time logged in, but that can be altered
> correct?

I'm not sure where the "last time you logged in" message comes from, but
it's there for exactly the purpose you're using it for, so it's probably
alterable only by root.

> His name is Sep Dadsetan and it wa the ethernet card that came with his
> Pacific Bell ADSL box. I do not recall the card type though sorry Peter.

I think the person Foo and you are talking about are two different
people... The guy Foo and I helped is "Yuanfu Ji".  His e-mail address is
"yuanfuji@hotmail.com".  He, Foo, and I've been in contact through e-mail.

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim