Re: [vox-tech] athlon questions

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Bill Broadley wrote:

> Thats my point, with the right motherboard PC133 gives you most of
> the advantage of DDR, while allowing you to buy dirt cheap ram.

Point taken.

> Well, it's actually 133 Mhz DDR.  Asus usually isn't the first to market
> for a given configuration, but usually has one of, if not the best board
> once released.  Most if not all the athlons around the math dept
> are asus (afaik).

I've read some people had a lot of PCI cards installed and had IRQ sharing
& USB problems, which arise from AGP being shared with Slot 1 and another
slot being shared with the USB controller.  I haven't had enough PCI cards
to warrant such a problem, have you?  Any work arounds?  Some have
mentioned that the Abit did a better job at IRQ sharing, allocating shared
IRQs only when there aren't any free.  I've read up on the board, and I
like what I see except there's an ISA slot on the Abit board.

FL