Re: [vox-tech] Cracking...

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > The web server doesn't have any CGI programs on it.
>
> ok, but you should at least try.  the advisory did say that this cgi comes
> packaged, by default, with thttpd.   for all you know, bishop doesn't even
> know it's on the system.

It's one of the first things I tried.  And Bishop explicitly told us that
he knows about the ssi exploit when we complained that he wasn't putting
up any CGI programs.

> > All social engineering cracking techniques need to be approved by the
> > professor...
>
> did he explicitly state this?

Yes.  I asked him about social engineering and that's what he told us.

> > I'm sure he won't fall for "will you leave the room for a
> > minute" technique right after I tell him what I'm going to do :P
>
> with a little imagination, i'll bet he would.  be creative!   get the
> department secretary into the picture.  or one of his TA's.  the
> possibilities are endless...

Well... I really wouldn't be learning anything technical...

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/
PGP key available upon request.