Re: [vox-tech] an interesting experience

Re: [vox-tech] an interesting experience

On Thu 21 Dec 00, 11:57 AM, jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us said...
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > anyway, that was my first experience with a file that was too large.
> > it was interesting.
>
> I tried to download a several megabyte file yesterday with Lynx into my
> /home fs, and it garbled that tty (you know, where the characters get
> remapped and you have to reset it), and started making strange noises come
> out of my sound card.  Turns out that fs was full.  It didn't corrupt the
> fs, but I find the association between a full fs and sound output
> disturbing.

jeff, it was probably your hard drive screaming in pain...
:)

pete

--
Just upgraded to Woody?  Don't have permission to run X?              linux
In Xwrapper.config, change allowed_users from root to console.          -