Re: [vox-tech] LWP module of Perl

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Jay wrote:

> Mark,
>
> You have any idea why this bit of code doesn't work?  I'm trying to access a
> secure site:
>
> Is there something special (like use a different package...) to access a https
> site using LWP?  My script below works fine going against a http page but not
> against an https site.

Secure web servers speak in https support for this protocol is not
part of the standard LWP package.  However I believe that you can add
support for the https protocol using the Crypt::SSLeay module.  You can
find some info at
http://www.adpc.purdue.edu/WebSvc/PerlDocs/lib/site/Crypt/SSLeay.html .
I've only used LWP a few times and I've never had to access secure sites,
but it appears that once you have the SSLeay module installed it will work
transparently through the standard LWP methods.

Matt

Matt Roper
mdroper@ucdavis.edu
http://mattrope.tsx.org