Re: [vox-tech] thanks bill and mark

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] thanks bill and mark
  • From: Geoffrey Herteg <gheMAPSrteg@valinux.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:27:52 -0800

Heh, just be careful not to overdo it in nesting the tables...  When we
did tests for SoruceForge, we found that nesting tables more than 5 deep
(5 tables, each within a table within a table...) will slow Netscape to a
_crawl_...  Since each box takes 2 tables already, that doesn't leave much
room for things like a whole page layout table, or a side navigation...

But PHP is useful for it.  You can even create classes, then override
functions when you extend it...  So in theory, you could create a box
class (or, in our case, a Layout class), then later if you want to
override how you do your boxes (say, for one page only) you extend the
class and override the function.  Very cool.

Or you could use autogen and makefiles...  ;O)

-- Geoffrey