Re: [vox-tech] html question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] html question
  • From: Mark Kim <mkkim@ucMAPSdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:31:26 -0800

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i'm looking at the source for the page:
>
>       http://www.linuxuniversity.net

%nslookup www.linuxuniversity.net
Server:  regnant5.cs.ucdavis.edu
Address:  169.237.5.10

*** regnant5.cs.ucdavis.edu can't find www.linuxuniversity.net: Non-existent
host/domain

%whois linuxuniversity.net
[whois.crsnic.net]

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Domain Name: LINUXUNIVERSITY.NET
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: APTLTD.COM
   Name Server: NS2.APTLTD.COM
   Updated Date: 03-oct-2000

>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:09:50 EST <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

%nslookup www.linuxuniversity.net APTLTD.COM
Server:  inferno.aptltd.com
Address:  209.116.170.2

*** inferno.aptltd.com can't find www.linuxuniversity.net: Non-existent host/domain

%nslookup www.linuxuniversity.net NS2.APTLTD.COM
*** Can't find server name for address 209.116.170.3: No response from server
*** Default servers are not available

Is the URL correct?

-Mark

---