Re: [vox-tech] packages

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Henry House wrote:

> Actally it should be fairly easy to re-compile your entire system and
> re-install the optimized packages with Debian: apt-get source --build [list
> of packages] followed by dpkg -i *.deb :-). Never done it though.

hrm yes, but my winning point for getting a pre-packaged pentium optimized
distro is that I wouldn't have to leave my computer compiling for 2 days :)

I've actually been thinking that over and seriously considering putting
together a system from scratch... anyone ever done this or at least read
the how-to? Might be fun experience deciding where things go and writing
boot scripts, etc...

-Gabriel