Re: [vox-tech] packages

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] packages
  • From: Henry House <hajhousMAPSe@houseag.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:14:24 -0800

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 06:17:49PM -0800, Gabriel Rosa wrote:
> I mean, i normally would compile a custom kernel asap, but i would never go
> through the bother of recompiling every single package on my system :)
> (unless i was building a system from scratch, the howto makes it seems
> pretty trivial)

Actally it should be fairly easy to re-compile your entire system and
re-install the optimized packages with Debian: apt-get source --build [list
of packages] followed by dpkg -i *.deb :-). Never done it though.

> compatibility wise, i think i'm good to go with either one (the newest
> releases of both seem to have fairly new binaries of XFree86, etc)

XFree86 4.0.1 in Debian Woody, 3.3.6 in Potato. Woody is unstable but
probably no more so that a release of any RPM distro ;-).

--
Henry House