Re: [vox-tech] more about netscape 6

> Why have javascript turned off?               (just curious)

Having JavaScript on causes Netscape to become much more instable.
I'd blame bad JS code, but when you do something like close a pop-up
window, or hit the BACK button, that's NOT supposed to kill the browser!!!

Also, JS can introduce a number of fun security issues in Netscape,
especially when combined with frames and cookies.  (I can dig up some
nice stuff on Slashdot for you :) )

Finally, most of the places JS is used heavily is for bad and annoying
reasons... Pop-up windows, pages you can't "go back" from easily,
graphics which change or appear when you simply move the mouse over something
(hrm... I guess soon maybe we won't need mouse buttons at all! :) ).

-bill!
If it doesn't work with Lynx, the webmaster did a Bad Job(tm)