RE: RE: [vox-tech] soe excercise for you linux geek.

  • Subject: RE: RE: [vox-tech] soe excercise for you linux geek.
  • From: "Deja User" <unix_admin@my-dejMAPSa.com>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:32:42 -0800

You gotta smile when you read these things...
An *excellent* book which has complete and full explanations of shell (C, Korn,
Bourne), sed and awk is Ellie Quigley's "Unix Shells By Example". If you have
questions about what things mean with your other book, you should try this one which
explains *everything* very clearly with examples and explanations of each and every
concept covered in the book. That's one thing I never liked about most scripting
books, they give you a big, long example and proceed to explain maybe one or two of
the concepts in the script, leaving you to figure out the rest (which is usually a
complete mystery, else why would you need to read the book in the first place?). It
may save you a lot of time in the long run instead of spending all your time trying to
figure out what your book is trying to say. Good luck. : )

>it is not homework.  Think about it, no course will ask you to do this kind
>of thing in the end
>of quarter.  i am just reading my shell book,  see if i can understand all
>its command.  well if you don't want to try, why bother to reply at all..

Before you buy.