January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] HELP!! with lilo.conf

Roland Minden wrote:

> >From root on the command line enter
> lspnp | less
> this should give you information on your NIC.
> What Distro are you using?
> Rusty

Thanks, Rusty

I'm using Debian (potato), kernel 2.2.17.

lspnp produces an empty file
pnpdump says there are no cards
the kernel cannot find the card, even though lilo.conf has the command
append="ether=0,0,eth1", which is supposed to force a search for
additional cards.  The BIOS says the card is there, but the manufacturer
number is different from what I think it should be (but what do I know?)

Cheers

Cam