Re: [vox-tech] help please!

i found this as a postponed message.  not sure if i sent it, or why i
postponed it, but here it is.

bob, i'm sure people have done this before.  have you looked at deja.com?

have you looked into using some kind of --force option to install rpm.rpm?

also, you might want to find out how people get rpm's on their machines to
start with.  in the deep recesses of my mind, i remember a slackware+rpm
HOWTO.  they would encounter the same trouble you're having; ie- how do you
install an rpm system.   i would imagine it would have to be a tarball.

but also, don't forget that if your system's list of installed packages was
in that directory, it's pretty much hopeless.  if that's the case, you'll
have to reinstall the OS.   :(    not as traumatic as in windows, but still
pretty drastic.  i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

peter

On Mon 04 Dec 00, 11:02 PM, Robert G. Scofield said...