Re: [vox-tech] Linux that has...

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Linux that has...
  • From: Harry Souders <gnulinux@rosecomputinMAPSg.com>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:50:56 -0800

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 05:16:53PM -0800, Mark Kim wrote:
>    root, bin, daemon, adm, lp, sync, shutdown, halt,
>    mail, news, uucp, operator, gopher, ftp, nobody, gdm,
>    events

This is a completely wild guess, but maybe look into print 'lp' bugs,
NIS/NFS bugs 'sync', news bugs, uucp bugs, gopher bugs, ftp bugs, and
gdm bugs. All of these programs have had security bugs in the past.

Also, finger used to have a bug. Might want to look into that too and
for kicks finger the users.