Re: [vox-tech] rxvt / xterm color change on the fly?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] rxvt / xterm color change on the fly?
  • From: Micah Cowan <micah@cowanbMAPSox.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:40:54 -0800

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 11:12:59AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> is there a way to change the bgcolor of an rxvt or xterm on the fly?
>
> ie, without killing a window, changing Xdefaults and restarting a window.
>
> i seem to recall a way of getting some sort of console type object where you
> can set colors, fonts, font sizes, etc, but i can't find any mention of it in
> man rxvt.
>
> thanks,
> peter

try editres.  Choose "Commands:Get Tree" and then click on xterm's window.
Choose the "VT100" node and choose "Commands:Show Resource Box".  You can
edit resources such as "foreground" and "background", etc., entering their
values at the box at the bottom, and hitting "Apply" (note - when I did this
there were so many resources that the window was larger than the screen,
so you may have to resize the window. Also, the frame holding the field where
you enter values was invisibly small, so you have to resize that as well).

Micah