Re: [vox-tech] Cron Confusion

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Cron Confusion
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@belial.ucMAPSdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:20:44 -0800

as i understand things...

1. cron is started with one of the startup scripts in /etc/init.d.

2. cron looks in /var/spool/cron/crontabs for crontab files.

3. cron looks in /etc/crontab for cron jobs and when they're to run.  very
   often, these are things like /etc/cron.daily/, /etc/cron.weekly/, etc.

4. debian's cron also looks in /etc/cron.d.

peter