Re: [vox-tech] Can't Remove File

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Robert G. Scofield wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:57:35 -0800
> From: Robert G. Scofield <rgscofield@ucdavis.edu>
> To: vox-tech@franz.mother.com
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Can't Remove File
>
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > i will gladly answer this.   harry souders (did you realize your name is an
> > anagram of sudoers?)
>
> Well how about the fact that my spell checker picks up Salzman as Salesman.

neither one is nearly as silly as star office not knowing the word "Linux"!

> > answered this for me about half a year ago.
>
> Your solution rang a bell with me, and so I checked my Linux binder and found
> that I had printed out posts on this from Bill Kendrick, Mike Simons, Mark
> Kim, Steve Wormley,  as well has Harry Souders.  They were dated December 29,
> 1999.

good stuff happens on vox-tech.  :)  i'm surprised that thread happened with
mike still on the list; that was along time ago...  i wouldn't mind if bill
gently reminded mike to sign on.   ;)

> Thanks for your answer, Pete.  It is definitely a more elegant solution than
> mine.

not to mention it tells you how to make a directory name "-g" if you ever
want to in the future.  ;)

pete