Re: [vox-tech] a vi question

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Henry House wrote:

> 1. Debian has elvis-tiny, which I believe is smaller than regular elvis.

thanks for the tip.  it's still a tiny bit bigger than i was thinking.
it clocks in at 66kB.   i was thinking maybe third of this.

i'll look at the source code and see if i can hack some stuff from it.  i
don't care about macros, markers, maps and abbreviations.

what i'm looking for is a familiar interface and the most basic of basic
searching.  regex would be nice, but not mandatory.  ex commands would also
be nice.

> 2. Have you considered the size of the libraries? They are a
> substantial part of the size of the complete package.

not an issue here.  the required libs are already installed.

thanks for the tip!
pete