Re: [vox-tech] star office question

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> You got a problem, man? Equal Rights For Zeroes! Zero Is Not A Null Value!

heh.  it's actually to make me look a little better.  i'm trying to average
my grades, but a lot of people simply don't turn stuff in, so the class
average turns out to be 1.4/4, and it makes me look like a horrible, evil
teaching assistant.

btw, is there a subject you DON'T know much about, jeff?   :-)

> I don't have StarOffice available at the moment, but Excel recently added
> a "DAVERAGE" function that could be abused to do what you want, so SO
> might have it too.

i assumed i had to write a script to do this.  i'll check out the canned
features.  a trip to the star office help pages.  oh, happy days are here
again.  if that doesn't pan out, i'll try the 2nd column idea.

pete