Re: [vox-tech] utter confusion about graphics

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 11:12:13PM -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:
> With all this said, I figure I'd mention that nvidia's driver for xfree86-4.0
> is working very well for me in both 2d and 3d on my $110 ish geforce 2 MX
> card.  The voodoo3 cards are also a pretty good deal for the money
> and work well in 2d and 3d.

How does all this relate to non-realtime rendering? E.g., offloading batch
rendering jobs to the video processors to spare the CPU. (I'm fairly certain
that SGI render farms work this way. The result of the rendering is saved to
disk, not displayed and thrown away.)

Also, is there any such thing as hardware accelerated ghostscript? (Though
the pipeline to the video is probably the bottleneck for me, rather that the
CPU cycles needed to render a few outline fonts.)

--
Henry House