Re: [vox-tech] Adding linux computer to network

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Adding linux computer to network
  • From: Jan Wynholds <MAPSjcwynholds@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:56:06 -0800

--- Peter Jay Salzman <p@belial.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> 2. i don't know what you do in redhat, but i'm sure
> there's a nice GUI to do
>       it.

First of all: I have just joined this list, so I was
pleased to find a question that I could post an answer
to.

I don't know what other people would do but, there is
a GUI configuration for the network, just type (in a
terminal window in X):

% netcfg &
  ---OR---
% linuxconf &

I have found that the linuxconf was easy to understand
and configure.  I had my net card configured in about
30 mins.

Hope this helps you out.

-J